Print and Echo are actually both called language constructs .
- echo is faster
- Echo does not return a value, but has been considered as a faster executed command.
- echo is a construct. echo takes multiple parameters.
- echo is just an statement not a function.
- print is slower.
- Print returns a value much like a normal function would. But despite common belief, Print is not a function, as we can see by the fact that it doesn’t require parenthesis to work.
- Returning a value degrades system performance.
- Using the print method can return a true/false value. This may be helpful during a script execution of some sort.
- print is also a construct but print does not take multiple parameters.